Family Practice Center of Wadsworth offers a variety of medical treatments, preventative care and more to help you live well for a lifetime.
We offer pediatric and adult exams to test your ability to hear sounds. Sounds vary based on their loudness (intensity) and the speed of sound wave vibrations (tone). If necessary, you may take home properly fitted hearing aids the same day.
We provide behavioral health diagnosis and treatment options, as well as a referral resource to further guide any future treatment options. If you or someone you care about suffers from a mental health or substance abuse disorder, we can help create a new path for life.
When you feel pain or discomfort in the chest, it can be difficult to self-diagnose. Because chest pain can be a sign of a heart attack, it is important to seek help and get treatment as quickly as possible. We offer several methods of testing to pinpoint the cause of pain and find treatments for it.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): This measures the electrical current within your heart’s muscle, detecting arrhythmias or possible vessel blockages.
- 24-hour Holter Monitor: This is a portal device that connects to your chest by electrodes, capturing your heart’s rhythm for a full 24 hours in order to detect any cardiac abnormalities.
- Geriatric Care: It’s important to plan and coordinate the care of the elderly, which is why we offer preventative risk assessments to monitor health.
- Health Risk Assessments (HRA)
Our providers offer a complete health evaluation that is used to identify your health behaviors and risk factors for which your provider can provide a tailored medical plan to reduce your risk factors and increase your quality of life.
Our office carries CDC recommended vaccines for newborns through geriatrics. They protect against things like measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, polio, diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (whooping cough). Immunizations are important for adults as well as children.
In-Home Sleep Studies
If you have difficulty sleeping, or sleep apnea, we can conduct a study in your home—instead of sending you to an overnight visit to a sleep lab—to make a diagnosis.
Our experienced phlebotomists collect blood specimens at our office and send it to a local laboratory for testing. Tests include urinalysis, HbA1c, ProTime (PT/INR), and Fecal Occult Blood Testing.
Men’s Health Exams
We offer yearly examinations that include screening for prostate and colorectal cancers.
We offer removal of skin lesions, biopsies and cryotherapy for wart removal. Our procedures are simple, safe and effective.
Follow up on post-delivery development within a week of birth to ensure your newborn hits his or her developmental milestones. Following pediatric guidelines, our providers offer physical examinations, vaccines and discuss any concerns you may have with your child’s development.
Nursing Home Care
Our team provides open communication between a patient’s long-term care facility and our office. This helps us monitor a patient’s health and ensure the best situation for sustainable wellness.
We offer regular health exams to help find problems before they start. They also can help find problems early, when the chances for treatment and cure are better. Whether you need an exam for work, insurance, sports or school (pre-k – college), we can help.
If you have trouble breathing, you may have a respiratory disorder like lung disease. We provide several treatments to help.
- Pulmonary Function Testing: This measures how well the lungs exchange air and move gases into the body's circulation.
- Breathing Treatments: Also called a nebulizer, this changes medication from a liquid to a mist so that it can be more easily inhaled into the lungs.
If you suffer from incontinence or bladder discomfort, we offer several tests to uncover urological issues.
- Bladder Ultrasound: This is a 3D ultrasound instrument that measures your bladder volume to aid in diagnosing common urological conditions, to assess urinary retention and to help prevent unnecessary catheterization.
- FloPoint: This records your pattern of urinary flow, allowing us to quickly assess the mechanics of flow and to diagnose abnormalities in voiding patterns.
From newborns to young adults, our providers see patients for annual wellness physical examinations, vaccines and to discuss any concerns you may have about your child’s development.
Women’s Health Exams
We offer yearly pap and pelvic examinations to screen for cervical and colorectal cancers as well as breast exams.